May 15 2021 – Joyce Tang
WHAT IS HEMP?
THE ECO STUFF
- Hemp is a type of plant.
- Sustainable and grows quickly in any condition
- Very little chemicals are required to grow hemp
- Biodegradable fibres so once they reach the end of their life they can decompose in the right conditions.
- Hemp gives back to the soil by replenishing it with nutrients.
- A natural fibre, meaning you can place it directly against baby's bum.
- Highly absorbent and holds approximately 2.5x more than a microfibre insert. Great for longer naps or overnight when paired with other inserts, prefolds or flats.
- Extremely durable, meaning it can handle acidic urine well
- Antifungal and antibacterial.
THINGS TO NOTE
- Hemp shrinks quite a bit on the first wash (approx 15%)
- Hemp inserts are usually blended with cotton to make 55% hemp/45% cotton.
- They go stiff over time but can be popped in the dryer to soften up.
- Slower rate of absorbing fluids so it is usually paired underneath another insert such as a bamboo insert.
CHUCKLES HEMP INSERTS
- 4 Thick and Soft layers of 360gsm
- Standard size to fit in any brand/OSFM nappies
- Perfect booster to your existing inserts
- Available individually or in bundles (the more you purchase, the more you save!)