May 17 2021 – Joyce Tang
Washing your Cloth Nappies and Cloth Pads doesn't have to be complicated! In this post we have made it simple for you.
1. Prepare new nappies by putting them through a standard wash.
2. Put nappy on baby. Adjust sizing using domes.
3. Flush solids, rinse soiled nappy and store in an open/airy dry pail until wash day. No need to soak nappies. (Wee nappies don't require rinsing!)
4. Pre-wash every 1-2 days at 40-60 degrees with detergent (i.e. Persil Ultimate) for 30-60 minutes.
5. Main wash every 2-4 days at 40-60 degrees for at least 2.5 hours. Bulk washing with other small items such as baby clothes, bibs & cloth wipes.
6. Line dry shells. Inserts can be tumble dried to speed up drying process.
1. Prepare new cloth pads by putting them through a standard wash.
2. After each use, rinse pads in water (temperature does not matter) until it runs clear, immediately or at the end of the day. This can be done in the shower.
3. If experiencing stains, pre-treat with Sard or Sunlight bar soap. For more stubborn stains, soak in Vanish or Napisan for 1-2 hours (no more than 4 hours to protect PUL material).
4. Follow with a warm/hot wash of 30 minutes with detergent (e.g. Persil Ultimate) and/or laundry booster (Vanish). Dry pail until main wash day.
5. Main wash every 2-4 days at 40-60 degrees for at least 2.5 hours. You can wash with cloth nappies or other laundry. Good agitation is important.
6. Line dry or tumble dry cloth pads.